Fight Kiln Guide

People from all around can discuss anything here! Do not start fights, we will not hesitate to ban.
Killar-Demn

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Killar-Demn » 29 Feb 2012, 16:17

Har-Aken boss video with 1 defence, I myself find this video more usefull than others with higher defence. Just wear your "tank" gear when head is down and magic offensive gear when head is up and do the same as he does, except use protect magic as the range tentacles hit less than magic ones, unless you are sure there is no mages attacking you.

Fight Kiln waves with 1 defence (un-edited), most of the safe spots are the same I have written, but some are little bit difference. For boss fight I suggest watching the first video I linked.

Har-Aken's head will spawn every 70 seconds, it stays up 20 seconds and is gone for 50 secons. Head does not appear in north side! And you cannot see the head if you are too far away. Try to avoid getting hit by too many of tentacles, specially by ranged tentacles when you are in magic gear.

Never go to midle of area and stay away from melee range of tentacles. You are not required to kill tentacles, so it is best to avoid getting attacked by them and kill the close ones if you want. When head is up, use your magic gear and best magic attack you have (Polyporestaff if full hp or blood barrage) and when head is gone use ranged defence gear.

Crystals (they always spawn in midle before the start of wave):
Invulnerability (Cyan): Invulnerability for 15 seconds (Must activate before monster does attack move).
Restoration (Red): Restores life and prayer.
Magic (Blue): Boosts Magic by 50% but reduces other stats 50% for 3½ minutes.
Ranged (Green): Boosts Ranged by 50% but reduces other stats 50% for 3½ minutes.
Strength (White): Boosts Strength by 50% but reduces other stats 50% for 3½ minutes.
Constitution (Purple): Boosts Constitution by 50% for 3½ minutes, effects brews and unicorn healing power.

Only one Crystal can be active at time! If you need crystal in next wave, remember to wait untill your active crystal runs out in your current wave. Brewing while having combat crystal active does not drain the boosted skill.

Crystals with red highlight are those that you should pick up and with cyan highlight when you should use those, crystals without highlight are not so important but can help you in progress. Strength crystal I myself find useless as I dont bring melee with me.

Using these "safespots" you will minimize the damage taken in waves. If you do not use these safespots you might want to use different protection prayers in some waves to minimize damage taken.

In waves 1-20 use the protection prayer you are attecked by to minimize damage taken, you will see the monster coming to you before it can attack you in these waves, so you dont need to put protection prayer in the beginning of the wave. In the waves 21-36 its suggested to use protection prayer from the beginning of wave as the monsters can attack you as soon as they spawn.

Note that when you are using midle "safespot", you need to use long range or barrage spells to reach creatures in corners of area without leaving the "safespot".

I myself used magic for all the Melee/Ranged creatures and ranged for Magic creatures. If I was full hp I was using polyporestaff for maging, if not I was using blood barrage to heal myself. So using polyporestaff with ancient spellbook is good way to go there. If you have 92 prayer its worth to use soulsplut for healing also. If you have enchated excalibur, its worth to bring for a special attack weapon for healing.

Fightning Jad's: Best way to kill them is either Range or Mage from out of their melee distance, use protect from Magic as default and switch to Ranged protection when Jad slams ground and switch back to magic after you see the rock fall from "sky".

If you have 96 summoning use pack yak instead of war tortoises. If you bring war tortoises fill it with saradomin brew flasks(6), and if you bring pack yak you want to fill it with saradomin brew flasks(6) and with some extra super restore flasks(6).

This gear shown is minimum gear you should use. You should have a good magic boosting gear and good ranged defence gear, I'm using slayer helm because its best defensive helm for my level. So feel free to replace any items with better items you have available, but notice that if your prayer bonus drops a lot form what I used you should consider taking 1 or 2 extra super restore flask.

If you dont have arcane stream neclase just use amulet of fury instead, and if you dont have charged ring you can use best ring you have available. I brought the one overload for boss fight, if you dont have overloads just bring one extra brew or restore.

The pick axe you will need to break the "tanks" defence, best method to do it is to lure them on rock and "hit and run" after a hit wait untill its hp bar disappears and repeat.

Completing the whole Fight Kiln takes around 2 hours and I myself used ~1.5k blood barrages in my personal run.

Minimum requirements that I recommend are: 43 prayer, 90+ magic, 90+ ranged, 90+ hitpoints and either 67 summoning & 40 defence or 96 summon.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart..
Image Killar-Demn | Tyhjaarpa Image

Killar-Demn

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Killar-Demn » 29 Feb 2012, 16:18

Here is my own cape: Image

Dr Sweden

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Dr Sweden » 29 Feb 2012, 16:24

Lol, i guess we got no excuse now.. if you can do it at lvl 112 with those stats, most of us must be able to do it.. (add to that is that he finished with 11 brews left :O)

Nice guide!
Combat Goal:
Maxed Melee
Combat 137/138 || Prayer 99/99 || Summoning 88/99
Range 97/99 || Magic 96/99

Skill Goal:
All stats 85+ || Levels to goal complete: 10
Dung 80/85 || Theiving 84/85
Farming 81/85

Juhin

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Juhin » 29 Feb 2012, 17:05

i didnt bother reading tbh since i have no clue what Fight Kiln is

Looks good for all those that know what this is
[me] - Senior Member
[c]
ImageJuhin -
@ SwiftIRC | QuakeNet | SeersIRC
Forum PM

History @ T0
Member - July 21st 2010
Senior Member - February 1st 2011
Council - February 25th 2011
Co-Leader - September 16th 2011 ~ December 10th 2011
Awards
Proud Member of Dutch Generation
Leader of Silent Ember
Elite Member of Euphoria
Senior Member of Clan Europe

Dr Sweden

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Dr Sweden » 29 Feb 2012, 18:38

Fight Kiln is from latest quest.. its the harder part of Fight Caves with Tzaars you know (where you get fire cape).. anyways reward is that cape which is best str bonus in game atm..
Combat Goal:
Maxed Melee

Skill Goal:
Farming 81/85

Hasan Cemal

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Hasan Cemal » 29 Feb 2012, 19:21

Amazing guide mate!

Viktor 36
Retired Member
Retired Member
Senior clan: Blue Knights
RS display name: Viktor 36
Discord ID: Viktor_36
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Viktor 36 » 01 Mar 2012, 09:18

Wow, Nice guide!
Image Image
Image Image
<16:23:40> "Barca": this was my last 2v2 with u

Guord Y

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Guord Y » 01 Mar 2012, 10:13

Ahhh if you make a video you will be my hero xD

Dr Sweden

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Dr Sweden » 01 Mar 2012, 10:32

He put a video there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9ao7aDesA

"Har-Aken boss video with 1 defence, I myself find this video more usefull than others with higher defence. Just wear your "tank" gear when head is down and magic offensive gear when head is up and do the same as he does, except use protect magic as the range tentacles hit less than magic ones, unless you are sure there is no mages attacking you."

Or did you want for all waves?
Combat Goal:
Maxed Melee

Skill Goal:
Farming 81/85

Killar-Demn

Fight Kiln Guide

Post by Killar-Demn » 01 Mar 2012, 11:48

Guord Y,(time=1330596836) wrote:Ahhh if you make a video you will be my hero xD
There was the boss video when I made the guide, but I added the waves video under the boss video if you want to see waves also. The videos arent mine tho. Cant make video with my old comp so you wont see video made by me. Hopefully this helps.