Revival of the Wilderness

People from all around can discuss anything here! Do not start fights, we will not hesitate to ban.
July

Post by July » 05 May 2016, 19:10

Hello there,

I was initially trying to PM a clan leader on here, but it looks like I do not have the permission for that, so I apologize in advance if this thread is not very welcome here. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of this thread, feel free to PM clan member MetalManiac9 as he has been a friend for years and he is aware of this initiative.

I am July, the author of a PDF documentary about RuneScape in which I pay attention to PvP and the state of the Wilderness. Today there is a new opportunity for the PvP world to attempt the revival of the Wilderness, so I am trying to rally some support. A few days ago, Jagex announced the new RuneLabs criteria and this time we have to think as big as possible, as Jagex is looking for big content updates to be implemented in 2017. I consider this a great opportunity to suggest that Jagex do something with the Wilderness, so that the area can be revived.

I have submitted a suggestion that I believe to be the easiest way (for Jagex) to attract many more people to the Wilderness, especially after discussing this with skillers, slayers and Pk'ers; who all agreed that the idea has some potential. The quoted RuneLabs post:
The Wilderness is for the most part redundant content today. You could walk around for a long time and not encounter anyone else, and it is really unfortunate to see a huge game area be defunct like that. How cool would it be to see the Wilderness transformed into an area where Pk’ers, skillers and slayers alike could be found having a great time in every corner, in every building and at every piece of Wilderness content? – The solution that I suggest is to turn the Wilderness area into a competition area by creating an entirely new hiscores page for Wilderness content, just like how ironmen and hardcore ironmen have their own hiscore competition.

Players would be able to participate in both the regular (or ironman) hiscores and the Wilderness hiscores. Switching between them is easy, as it can be done by entering/leaving the Wilderness. This idea would require some development time because new content for each skill would have to be added to the Wilderness.

The idea is too elaborate to properly summarize in a RuneLabs post, so I invite you to read the thread about it (2 pages) before settling with any opinion. Here's a schematic overview of the idea's characteristics, explained in detail in the thread:

-Addition of a new, 4th hiscore page (regular, ironman, hardcore ironman, Wilderness)
-Xp gained in Wilderness is added to this 4th hiscore page and not to the regular hiscores. Xp gained outside the Wilderness is not added to this 4th hiscore page
-Players can switch freely between these hiscores by entering/leaving the Wilderness (combat stats are transferred)
-Non-combat xp gained in the Wilderness is multiplied based on amount of wealth carried
-All level requirements in the Wilderness are removed and xp rates are scaled to your level in each skill (explained in thread)
-Addition of content for each skill to the Wilderness (including mobile resources)

Please read the thread (QFC: 185-186-297-65769805) and if you like the idea, hit that support button. :)

In my thread about it on the forums (QFC above) I have also explained why a Wilderness competition is the easiest option:

If you are still in doubt, please read the thread. However, I believe this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the PvP community to make Jagex look into the revival of the entire Wilderness area again. If you like this idea, please support it on RuneLabs and share it with your clan, your friends and other PvP clans. I genuinely believe that the PvP community is able to pull this off if all clans co-operate. In the end, even the slightest increase of player activity will make the Wilderness a more exciting place.

RuneLabs idea title: "Wilderness Content + Hiscores"

Kind regards,
July

Meulendijks4
Legend
Legend

Post by Meulendijks4 » 05 May 2016, 23:45

Please note we are 07 based.

I think by now jagex (rs3) has been far too late for this and the RS3 player base would not care enough, so i'm afraid the RuneLabs will never end up on top. 07 is the PvP game nowadays, basically ever since its release and it is too late to change back. Only a major combat rework would only have a slight chance to save it, not such ideas (even though some are very valid, the combat system will make them useless).

But if you're still so fond of your idea, think about in what way brawler gloves are going to have influence on the hiscore page.

Cookson

Post by Cookson » 06 May 2016, 00:36

are you the new his lordship?
Pls no flash in signature ~ Mojo (and Viktor a few months ago)

Sir Carl Yo

Post by Sir Carl Yo » 06 May 2016, 01:19

Cookson,(time=1462491396) wrote:are you the new his lordship?
Lmfao thats what i first thought of lol

Wilderness already died years ago nothing we can do....

Fire Hawk154
Leader
Leader
RS display name: Fire Hawk
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

Post by Fire Hawk154 » 06 May 2016, 17:36

Wilderness PvP isn't going to work when combat is shit. :/

RS3: Fire Hawk154 | OSRS: Fire Hawk
Stats & Goals

Awards

Spring Awards 2014: Runner Up Best Skiller, Runner Up Best Binder, Runner Up Best Blaster
Autumn Awards 2014: Runner Up Most Friendly
Spring Awards 2015: Runner Up Best Overall Official, Runner Up Most Respected Official, Runner Up Most Friendly
Winter Awards 2016: Runner Up Best Official, Runner Up Most Friendly
Christmas Awards 2016: Runner Up Most Dedicated, Runner Up Most Respected, Runner Up Most Intelligent
Summer Awards 2017: Runner Up Best Official, Runner Up Most Respected, Runner Up Friendliest, Runner Up Most Intelligent

Tom08894
Retired Member
Retired Member
RS display name: TomNumbers

Post by Tom08894 » 06 May 2016, 17:54

Fire Hawk154,(time=1462552601) wrote:Wilderness PvP isn't going to work when combat is shit. :/
This pretty much. EoC was great for PvM, but it completely ruined pking.
== Personal Awards ==

Pre-EOC:
Spoiler

Jake
Retired Member
Retired Member

Post by Jake » 06 May 2016, 18:18

Tom08894,(time=1462553644) wrote:
Fire Hawk154,(time=1462552601) wrote:Wilderness PvP isn't going to work when combat is shit. :/
This pretty much. EoC was great for PvM, but it completely ruined pking.
EX-Clan Europe - Warlord
EX-Forsaken - Senior
EX-Imperium - Senior
EX-Solar - member
EX-Crusaders Warlord, Council and Ending Leader

Clan Europe - Ex-Member-Ex-Lieutenant-Ex-Warlord-Ex-Co-Leader-Ex-Leader-Ex-Warlord-Retired MVP
[/color]
Spoiler

Bigroror
Retired Member
Retired Member
RS display name: Bigroror
RS3/OSRS: RS3

Post by Bigroror » 06 May 2016, 19:43

Cookson,(time=1462491396) wrote:are you the new his lordship?
IT STARTED WITH A SCORPION

ImageImageImage
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImage

WG Mojo
Retired Member
Retired Member
Senior clan: Wilderness Guardians
RS display name: WG Mojo
Discord ID: Mojo#2878

Post by WG Mojo » 07 May 2016, 18:06

As the others have said the combat system is completely broken for PvP as Jagex found out from DarkScape.
Other Awards and Older Sigs

#1 CE Chess Player
[/center]

Tha Spike

Post by Tha Spike » 07 May 2016, 19:06

Looks a great post
My Awards In Clan Europe
Image ImageImageImageImage