His lorship research

People from all around can discuss anything here! Do not start fights, we will not hesitate to ban.
Pomadote
Retired Member
Retired Member

His lorship research

Post by Pomadote » 02 Jul 2014, 21:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mQ7dlWTgI#t=1251

Plz watch it all over and support it!
Current: Exotic Legendary & Clan Europe Member

Former Wilderland Warlord
Vitality Ex-Warlord
Former Brutal Forces & Euphoria Member

Kila

His lorship research

Post by Kila » 02 Jul 2014, 22:07

Would bang 1 of the blonds.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Miroorules
Administrator
Administrator

His lorship research

Post by Miroorules » 02 Jul 2014, 23:06

He actually has some good points tbh... EoC is easy for us (top warrers) to understand, because of our time-investment, but for normal people it's probably too random. The tutorial should perhaps be darker yes, I've always considered Ashdale too cartoonish since its launch, and so will newer players probably. A story-driven tutorial is better than a non-story driven one (like tutorial island), but Ashdale should be reworked (AGAIN... freaking tutorials...). A darker tutorial (not necessarily in the story, but in the atmosphere... Something like a dungeon, or woods, or maybe even an instanced version of a part of the Wilderness) will probably be more appealing than this bomb of brightness. I actually liked his idea to start with a legacy/07 cmb system for starting players, and introduce them later to EoC (through quests?) and let them switch to whatever they want. EoC is quite weird for bosses/PvP in the way that it relies more on stuns/breaking free than on DPS, which makes it more difficult for new players to adapt than to for example WoW/Lotro/other MMORPG's that rely more on DPS.

On top of that, for US the new interfaces are generally great, because we know the ins and outs of the game. We know that when we want to check out our Minigame timer, we click on the Quest-interface, and to the Minigame tab. We know that if we want to check our tasks, we click our Hero-tab and then our Task-tab. We know exactly where what is, but for newer players it kinda seems... illogical at times. That's a problem most games have (interfaces looking cluttered), but it could be improved a lot so it's easier for newer players.

I actually think His Lordship made some good points :|
Spring Awards 2015
ImageImage
Runner up for Spring Awards 2014: Best Ranger. Although I had not ranged in a single war. I rock.

WG Mojo
Retired Member
Retired Member
Senior clan: Wilderness Guardians
RS display name: WG Mojo
Discord ID: Mojo#2878
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

His lorship research

Post by WG Mojo » 02 Jul 2014, 23:28

wow that guy is ripped
Other Awards and Older Sigs

#1 CE Chess Player
[/center]

Balboa

His lorship research

Post by Balboa » 03 Jul 2014, 04:49

I just cant take anything that guy says seriously, seen this vid posted some days ago, watch first min, closed tab
~Proud to have been CE's WORSE Trial member, Member, Warlord and Retired member ever~
Spoiler
Image Image
~Proud to have been CE's WORSE Trial member, Member, Warlord and Retired member ever~

NP Plopi
RS display name: Plopi
Discord ID: Plopi#1337
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

His lorship research

Post by NP Plopi » 03 Jul 2014, 09:52

agreed :)
Spoiler

Southampton9
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

His lorship research

Post by Southampton9 » 05 Jul 2014, 00:23

It's amazing how he takes it so seriously
Euphoria Retired JESUS SAVES
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image

C E Andrew

His lorship research

Post by C E Andrew » 18 Jul 2014, 21:31

Miroorules,(time=1404338809) wrote:He actually has some good points tbh... EoC is easy for us (top warrers) to understand, because of our time-investment, but for normal people it's probably too random. The tutorial should perhaps be darker yes, I've always considered Ashdale too cartoonish since its launch, and so will newer players probably. A story-driven tutorial is better than a non-story driven one (like tutorial island), but Ashdale should be reworked (AGAIN... freaking tutorials...). A darker tutorial (not necessarily in the story, but in the atmosphere... Something like a dungeon, or woods, or maybe even an instanced version of a part of the Wilderness) will probably be more appealing than this bomb of brightness. I actually liked his idea to start with a legacy/07 cmb system for starting players, and introduce them later to EoC (through quests?) and let them switch to whatever they want. EoC is quite weird for bosses/PvP in the way that it relies more on stuns/breaking free than on DPS, which makes it more difficult for new players to adapt than to for example WoW/Lotro/other MMORPG's that rely more on DPS.

On top of that, for US the new interfaces are generally great, because we know the ins and outs of the game. We know that when we want to check out our Minigame timer, we click on the Quest-interface, and to the Minigame tab. We know that if we want to check our tasks, we click our Hero-tab and then our Task-tab. We know exactly where what is, but for newer players it kinda seems... illogical at times. That's a problem most games have (interfaces looking cluttered), but it could be improved a lot so it's easier for newer players.

I actually think His Lordship made some good points :|
This

HAR
Retired Member
Retired Member
RS display name: HAR
RS3/OSRS: RS3

His lorship research

Post by HAR » 19 Jul 2014, 10:05

Interesting video, kudos to HL.

I think it generally stems down to RS3 being too complicated but with better graphics/sounds while OSRS is much simpler but worse graphics/audio.

I've always liked the graphics updates, sounds were a bit irrelevant to me, but the game got ruined for me when EoC was introduced making things too complicated.

gu18enfran-c

His lorship research

Post by gu18enfran-c » 19 Jul 2014, 10:29

he should work for jagex