Why OSRS doesn't get FTP ?

People from all around can discuss anything here! Do not start fights, we will not hesitate to ban.
CandySCL
Senior clan: Lithuanian Mighty!
RS display name: CandySCL
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

Post by CandySCL » 24 Jan 2014, 12:53

The stypidity of Jagex is mind blowing :(

C E Andrew

Post by C E Andrew » 24 Jan 2014, 13:14

The stupidity of you making this topic is mind blowing. Remember Jagex is a company set out to make money, people will cancel membership and play for free. I do sometimes agree it might bring in more players, which means some people will get membership, however, is that a risk you're willing to take?

AS Mike

Post by AS Mike » 24 Jan 2014, 13:20

Like Andrew said, Jagex are a company which will always try their best to make the most money they can. It's obvious why they won't release Free-To-Play on OldSchool.

CandySCL

Post by CandySCL » 24 Jan 2014, 13:33

No FTP means low popularity of the game.
Player base stays the same in the short term and decreases over time.

Free to play brings more people in who acctually start to pay money. History showed that this is true many many times. Some MMO's even reverted theyr prepaid memberships to free to play with merchendice and proven to be succesfull.

There is no reason to call me a fool you two because Jagex is acctually making less money than they could with free to play.

Please know your facts.

P.S. Haven't runescape itself started that way? Made - oh i don't know - Like more than 500 million dollars for it's owner.
Real reasons i believe is that hey are afraid that OS would outgrow RS3 in the long run.

IMO you both are dumb. And call me a fool because you think that you are very smart.

AS Mike

Post by AS Mike » 24 Jan 2014, 13:37

I don't even know what to say to be honest with your response..

CandySCL

Post by CandySCL » 24 Jan 2014, 13:39

Michael 72,(time=1390570631) wrote:I don't even know what to say to be honest with your response..
You could agree with me.
Then we could call Jagex a few bad names and also call them Fagex.
Then continue our hatered for that company while doing nothing just ranting on the forums.

By the wat are you guise warring in FTP ? Or in PTP ?

I'd love to join a clan just for a few wars maybe to feed my nostalgia. But damn every time I log in i can't even force my self to setup those god damn abilities

Balboa

Post by Balboa » 24 Jan 2014, 13:50

people would come back, realise how hard it is to start over from lvl 3, quit and the ones who already play would stop paying for p2p, case closed
~Proud to have been CE's WORSE Trial member, Member, Warlord and Retired member ever~
Spoiler
Image Image
~Proud to have been CE's WORSE Trial member, Member, Warlord and Retired member ever~

Meulendijks4
Legend
Legend

Post by Meulendijks4 » 24 Jan 2014, 14:27

Guys keep it nice here, no flaming or whatever here on the (public) forums.

Hey Candy, good to see you are checking out on us! :)

If you want to join a few of the wars, you will need to apply for Clan Europe and you will get a mentoring session by me, where I will help with everything you need to know.

C E Andrew

Post by C E Andrew » 24 Jan 2014, 14:58

Meulendijks4,(time=1390573642) wrote:Guys keep it nice here, no flaming or whatever here on the (public) forums.

Hey Candy, good to see you are checking out on us! :)

If you want to join a few of the wars, you will need to apply for Clan Europe and you will get a mentoring session by me, where I will help with everything you need to know.
Keeping in mind he was flaming Jagex on a topic with is already divided between players. He knew somebody like myself would voice my opinion strongly.

I think we have different opinions on what flaming and sarcasm mean.

Southampton9
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Southampton9 » 24 Jan 2014, 16:58

F2P in old times was the doorway to getting a lot of members. I think making OSRS P2P only has been a fatal mistake made by Jagex
Euphoria Retired JESUS SAVES
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image