To my big friend Shiro On

People from all around can discuss anything here! Do not start fights, we will not hesitate to ban.
Jelle
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Post by Jelle » 19 Jan 2014, 00:59

Portal chambre
Hello everyone, today I shall be learning you the way of solving a portal room in dungeoneering floors.
They will only appear in floors 48 or higher, so if you struggle with these things I'd recommend skipping every warped floors and just resetting your progress at 47 and start again from there on (yes this will grant you alot of missed xp but if you hold back your team for 5 minutes that 25 minutes in total which is around 250k dungeoneering xp). In this guide I will TRY to learn you how to solve these without any problem.

Solving

At one point or another your keyer or any other dungeoneeringm8 shall bump into a portal room. In 98% of the cases it's worth doing because more rooms unlocked = more xp so win/win. If you have finished the boss and there are only 1/2 likely rooms behind the portal chambre I'd not do it because it's just effort really and if someone is dumb then it's annoying as f**k.

Anyway back to the main point...
A portal chambre will look like this:
P.S. Bad picture, if someone finds me another I shall gladly use it. There should be 5 pressure plates in the room were the guy with his spear is.

If YOU bump into one of these and everyone in the team is busy, YOU gate in the room itself, outside the little chambres (somewhere close to where the water rune is) because you can't drag nor drop the GT in there. You SOLVE the puzzle first BEFORE moving the gatestone (unless it's a oneway).

The puzzle itself is REALLY easy. You will always find 3 enterances (in this case: 1 north, 1 south and 1 east). The FIRST thing you do is pick one, it doesn't matter because you cannot know which one is correct. When you have entered the door you shall be teleported into one of the 3x3 rooms. You can spawn North, East, South or West. It doesn't matter where you spawn the way you are going next is more important!

You should ALWAYS be going to the opposite side! For those who don't know the word opposite (lol?)...
  • If you spawn at the NORTHERN side of the little 3x3 room, the next door you enter is SOUTH of you
  • If you spawn at the EASTERN side of the little 3x3 room, the next door you enter is WEST of you
  • If you spawn at the SOUTHERN side of the little 3x3 room, the next door you enter is NORTH of you
  • If you spawn at the WESTERN side of the little 3x3 room, the next door you enter is EAST of you
It may take approx 3 to 8 rooms before you find the code so you will probably take some damage in the mean time (just make sure you have a salve eel or something, just in case).

Now back to the entering part:
Let's say you tried to go NORTH first, after doing opposites the whole time it is possible to spawn either at the ROOM IN THE MIDDLE WITH PRESSURE PLATES or at the SOUTHERN ENTRANCE. If you come back out in the normal room at the southern entrance you will KNOW the correct code is EAST & OPPOSITES. So at this point you ASK for the gatestone (don't move it if the keyer doesn't agree with it just yet, but in most cases and especially with the 2 gatestone update) it should be fine.

So dear Clan Europe members & Andrew (..........), if I call NORTH & OPPOSITES then you drop EVERYTHING you were doing (make sure it's gated) and get your ass to the group gatestone, enter the Northern entrance and always enter the opposite door till you get in the middle.

Comprendre?
Mmmh..

Kila

Post by Kila » 19 Jan 2014, 01:03

Bump
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Meulendijks4
Legend
Legend

Post by Meulendijks4 » 19 Jan 2014, 07:19

Shiro ugotdis.

EUJohn
Retired Member
Retired Member

Post by EUJohn » 19 Jan 2014, 08:32

Hope it works, i cant deal with people not knowing how to do rooms
ImageImage
ImageImage

WG Mojo
Retired Member
Retired Member
Senior clan: Wilderness Guardians
RS display name: WG Mojo
Discord ID: Mojo#2878
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

Post by WG Mojo » 20 Jan 2014, 01:00

tl;dr looks confusing
Other Awards and Older Sigs

#1 CE Chess Player
[/center]

Meulendijks4
Legend
Legend

Post by Meulendijks4 » 20 Jan 2014, 08:15

He also didn't get the purple portal room apparently, 1 hit.

AS Mike

Post by AS Mike » 20 Jan 2014, 13:27

'Dis topic..

Kila

Post by Kila » 20 Jan 2014, 13:53

Bump
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Fire Hawk154
Leader
Leader
RS display name: Fire Hawk
RS3/OSRS: OSRS

Post by Fire Hawk154 » 20 Jan 2014, 15:17

I can do that, hold my beer Lars

RS3: Fire Hawk154 | OSRS: Fire Hawk
Stats & Goals

Awards

Spring Awards 2014: Runner Up Best Skiller, Runner Up Best Binder, Runner Up Best Blaster
Autumn Awards 2014: Runner Up Most Friendly
Spring Awards 2015: Runner Up Best Overall Official, Runner Up Most Respected Official, Runner Up Most Friendly
Winter Awards 2016: Runner Up Best Official, Runner Up Most Friendly
Christmas Awards 2016: Runner Up Most Dedicated, Runner Up Most Respected, Runner Up Most Intelligent
Summer Awards 2017: Runner Up Best Official, Runner Up Most Respected, Runner Up Friendliest, Runner Up Most Intelligent

Jelle
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Post by Jelle » 20 Jan 2014, 22:01

Can someone translate this to Spanish?

Message wasn't clear enough.